Learn the mindset and the tools you need to solve anything creatively.
Immerse yourself in hands-on design thinking training. Solve real challenges. Project-based. Team-taught. Facilitated by world-renown trainers.
Empathy and experimentation. Inspiration and ideation. Design Thinking Summer Academy is a mix of short instructional lectures, learning experiences, and guided, hands-on teamwork.
You’ll learn the elements of the user-centered, prototype-driven design thinking process and put those new tools into practice right away with a real-world innovation challenge from an outside company. The challenges come from Norwegian startups, companies and NGOs.
You’ll be interviewing and observing customers in the field to understand what motivates them. Then you’ll ideate, prototype, test, and retest in an iterative fashion. Design Thinking experts from Pracademy will be coaching the participants and facilitating the program.
Telenor, DNB, Kongsberg Group, Wilhelmsen, NHH, NTNU, StartupLab.
Oslo, July 2018
For whom: Anyone (literally).
Where: TBA in Oslo.
Duration: 3-4 weeks and 1 weekend (trip)
Normal price: 20.000 NOK
Student price: 2.000 NOK
The program fee includes tuition, course materials, and breakfast and lunch each day. Lodging is not included in the program fee.
You will learn:
- Embrace empathy by putting yourself in the shoes of others.
- Interview people in order to elicit meaningful responses that point you towards their deepest intentions.
- Make sense of your empathy research by crafting powerful insights, and move from data to knowledge.
- Craft a Point of View, which will synthesize your empathy research and give it focus and direction
- Become skilled at coming up with creative ideas that will serve as solutions to complex, ambiguous challenges
- Use many different ideation tools like brainstorming, brainwriting, and quick sketching
- Build all sorts of rapid and rough prototypes that bring your ideas into the real world quickly and cheaply
- Expose prototypes to the world, ask the right questions, receive good feedback, learn, and iterate repeatedly
- Collaborate with people with different backgrounds, and tap into the creative potential of diversity
- Play, have fun, laugh, and not take yourself too seriously, while taking your creative work extremely seriously.
Improve your interview and observation techniques to better understand customer motivations.
Understand how to define and reframe problems based on the emotional needs of customers.
Develop a just-try-it mentality through rapid prototyping and iteration.
Learn how to embrace diversity of opinion using a common process for design.
You will also:
Get to know companies that need to hire tons of motivated students with design thinking experience. You might get your dream job.
Build strong relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
Learn to be a confident communicator.
Develop your teamwork skills.
Have tons of fun.
To participate the Summer Pracademy you need to attend one of our introduction workshops. You need to show that you are right for us. This is also a good opportunity for you to understand if we are right for you.
Info about Introduction Workshops
The workshop is an introduction to the key tools, methods, and mindset of design thinking, which you will learn by working in teams on a real-life design challenge.
For whom: Anyone (literally)
Duration: 1 or 2 days
Capacity: 20 to 500 participants.
Setting: We hold this workshop publicly several times a year. We can also arrange one as part of a conference or special event, or in-house at your organization.